GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. GENERAL PART
1. These General Terms and Conditions for the Use of the AIR Convention Service (the General Terms and Conditions) govern the contractual relationship between the user of the AIR Convention Website (the User) and AviationCV.com. “AviationCV.com” means the service as described below and/or the provider of this service, i.e. UAB “AviationCV.com” (legal entity’s code 302615625, having its registered office at Dariaus ir Girėno str. 21, Vilnius, Lithuania, data is collected and kept within the Register of Legal Entities of the Republic of Lithuania).
2. AIR Convention mission is to connect the world’s aviation professionals to allow them to be more productive within business growth and increase networking opportunities. AIR Convention Services (as described below) are designed to promote economic opportunity for the Users by enabling them to meet, exchange ideas, learn and make trusted relationships.
3. AIR Convention service is rendered via website named www.airconvention.com (the AIR Convention Website). Thus, the General Terms and Conditions apply to AIR Convention Website and other AIR Convention -related sites, apps, communications and other services that state that they are offered under these General Terms and Conditions (the Services).
2. USER ACCOUNT
1. The User may be one of the following three groups of persons:
i. a person who is interested in participating at AIR Convention or seeking information related to the event.
ii. A company that are interested in AIR Convention event services.
2. The Seeker in AIR Convention is represented by the Seeker account with the following required data: first name, last name, e-mail address, phone number, company name and his current job title.
3. The Visitor in AIR Convention is represented by the Visitor account with the following required data: first name and last name or company name, e-mail address, phone number and current job title.
4. The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 18 (even if it is a representative of a legal entity) (the Minimum Age). However, if law requires that a person must be older in order for AIR Convention to lawfully provide the Services to such a person without parental consent (including using of its personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
5. To use the Services, the User agrees that: (1) it must be the Minimum Age or older; (2) it is not already restricted by AIR Convention from using the Services.
The Seeker has an opportunity to subscribe to AIR Convention newsletters and daily news.
Subscriptions can be made only by filling the respective subscription form.
4. STORING AND SHARING
1. The personal information shared by the User are stored in:
i. AIR Convention databases, which are monitored in the AviationCV.com mother company AB “Avia Solutions Group” IT infrastructure; and/or
ii. Third part mailing services.
2. AviationCV.com mother company AB “Avia Solutions Group” servers.
3. The personal information shared by the User can be accessed (seen, copied and used for the Service provision) by:
i. AIR Convention Administrators.
ii. 3rd party companies.
4. Subscriptions’ data can be accessed by AIR Convention employees responsible for mailing campaigns and AIR Convention CRM users with any roles.
5. AIR Convention is not obligated to publish any information or content on its Service and can remove it in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
5. AIR Convention RIGHTS AND LIMITS
1. Rights Granted
i. A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that the User provides through AIR Convention and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to the User or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
• AIR Convention shall get the User’s consent if AIR Convention wants to give others the right to publish the User’s content beyond the Services.
• AIR Convention may edit and make only format changes to the User’s content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), however, AIR Convention may not modify the meaning of the User’s expression.
2. Service Availability
AIR Convention may change or discontinue any of its Services. AIR Convention does not promise to store or keep showing any information and content that the User has provided throughout AIR Convention
The User acknowledges and agrees that it is technically impossible to achieve 100% availability of the AIR Convention Website. AIR Convention shall nonetheless endeavor to keep AIR Convention Website available without interruption. Events related to maintenance, security or capacity requirements, and/or events beyond AIR Convention control (e.g. disruptions to public communications networks, power failures, etc.), may result in malfunctions of or temporary interruptions to the service provided on AIR Convention Website.
AIR Convention reserves the right to limit the User’s use of the Services. AIR Convention reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate the User’s account if AIR Convention believes that the User may be in breach of these General Terms and Conditions or law or is misusing the Services (e.g., violating any of the obligations or policies).
4. Changes to Services
AIR Convention reserves the right to modify the Services offered on the AIR Convention Website or to offer Services different from those offered at the time of the User’s registration at any time to the extent AIR Convention is obliged to ensure the Services that it offers are in compliance with the legislation.
Modifications that only have a minor impact on AIR Convention functionality do not represent changes to the Services described in this section. This shall apply in particular to changes of a purely graphical nature and to a change of layout and/or placement of features.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
AIR Convention reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Using the Services does not give the User any ownership in the Services or the content or information made available through AIR Convention. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. AIR Convention trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used for the Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of AIR Convention
6. USER’S ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND OBLIGATIONS
1. The User obligates to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights).
2. By using the Services, the User may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. AIR Convention generally does not review content provided by the Users. Therefore, the User hereby agrees that AIR Convention is not responsible for the Users’ content or information.
3. The User may report any activities of any other User which violate applicable laws and/or any of these General Terms and Conditions.
4. The User acknowledges and agrees that:
ii. AIR Convention merely provides the User with a platform and is not involved in the content of communication between Users. If Users enter into agreements with one another via AIR Convention Website, AIR Convention shall not be a contracting party to said agreements. Users are solely responsible for the execution and/or fulfilment of agreements they enter into with one another. AIR Convention shall not be liable for breaches of duty in relation to agreements entered into between the Users.
5. The User obligates to:
i. comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
ii. provide accurate information to AIR Convention and keep it updated;
iii. use its real name on its account; and
iv. use the Services in a professional manner.
6. The User also obligates not to:
i. develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
ii. override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service;
iii. copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from AIR Convention, whether directly or through third parties, without the consent of AIR Convention;
iv. disclose information that the User does not have the consent to disclose;
v. violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights;
vi. violate the intellectual property or other rights of AIR Convention, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing AIR Convention technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (ii) using the word “AIR Convention’’ logos in any business name, email, or otherwise;
vii. post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
viii. reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
ix. imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by AIR Convention without AIR Convention express consent;
x. rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without AIR Convention consent;
xi. overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services); and/or
xii. interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms).
7. OTHER PROVISIONS
2. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
To the extent allowed under law, AIR Convention and its affiliates (and those that AIR Convention works with to provide the services) (a) disclaim all implied warranties and representations (e.g. warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of data, and noninfringement); (b) do not guarantee that the Services will function without interruption or errors, and (c) provide the Service (including content and information) on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
Exclusion of Liability
To the extent permitted under law (and unless AIR Convention has entered into a separate written agreement that overrides these General Terms and Conditions), AIR Convention and its affiliates (and those that AIR Convention works with to provide the Services) shall not be liable to the User or others for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of data, opportunities, reputation, profits or revenues, related to the Services (e.g. offensive or defamatory statements, down time or loss, use of, or changes to, your information or content).
In addition, AIR Convention shall be liable without limitation for damages due to intent or gross negligence by AIR Convention.
3. Applicable law, Miscellaneous
1. AIR Convention is permitted to commission sub-contractors but remains responsible for fulfilling its duties.
2. To the extent allowed by law, the English language version of these General Terms and Conditions is binding and other translations are for convenience only. These General Terms and Conditions (including additional terms that may be provided by AIR Convention) is the only agreement between the User and AIR Convention regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
3. If AIR Convention does not act to enforce a breach of these General Terms and Conditions, that does not mean that AIR Convention has waived its right to enforce these General Terms and Conditions.
4. AIR Convention is permitted to transfer rights and duties stipulated herein to third parties, in whole or in part. However, the User may not assign or transfer rights and duties stipulated herein (or its membership or use of Services) to anyone without AIR Convention consent.
5. These General Terms and Conditions and the contractual relationship shall be governed by Lithuanian law, excluding international private law and the provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods that have been adopted by Lithuanian law.
6. The User and AIR Convention agree that claims and disputes can be litigated only in Vilnius, Lithuania, and each of the parties agree to personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Vilnius, Lithuania.